DATABASE SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Protect your data and control user and machine access
Entrust offers a comprehensive and unified database security platform that ensures critical data is always secured from external and internal threats, and available for uninterrupted business.
Backed by a certified root of trust protecting the underpinning cryptographic keys, the platform provides the flexibility organizations need to speed up processes, helping them mitigate risks and facilitate compliance.
The Entrust database security platform delivers:
- High assurance, integrated protection of the keys underpinning the transparent data encryption capability from popular database vendors (IBM, Microsoft, Oracle)
- A FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified root of trust using nShield on premises or as a service hardware security modules (HSMs)
- Lifecycle management and protection of database encryption keys from a growing list of database vendors that support the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP), whether cloud-based or on-premises (Bloombase, Cohesity, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Oracle, Quantum, Red Hat, Rubrik, VMware)
- A cloud key management server that supports bring your own key (BYOK) to protect databases housed by major cloud service providers
- Full encryption of the virtual machines running sensitive databases
- Cloud-based identity and access management with multi-factor authentication, credential-based passwordless access, and single sign-on
- Certificate solutions that control and automate the management of user and device certificates in a single portal
- Credential issuance with a public key infrastructure (PKI) capability that helps limit database access to only authorized users and devices
- A tokenization server that pseudonymizes sensitive data and preserves its format for seamless use by applications
Contact us to discuss your database security needs.
Unified Solutions From A Single Proven Provider
Our database security solutions address a wide range of database security requirements, while ensuring interoperability with our broader product portfolio and leading database vendors.
Trusted, Authenticated, And Secure
Require users and devices to have necessary authentication credentials to access databases and streamline the management of user and device certificates.
Encrypted, Organized, And Compliance-ready
Deliver certified encryption and key management to enforce best practices, align with data protection regulations, and facilitate auditing and reporting.
Separation Of Duties To Reduce Threats
You can enforce separation of duties and isolate master keys from encrypted data to reduce insider attacks.
DEMYSTIFYING DATABASE SECURITY
In this Spotlight Paper, IDC examines the main factors that your organization must consider when implementing database security technologies, and how these can inform your choices when deploying them on-premises, in the cloud, or across hybrid environments.
Unified Platform Protects Sensitive Data
High Assurance Protection Of Keys Underpinning Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
Universal Key Management For KMIP-compatible Databases
Range Of Robust Encryption Approaches Strong User, Device, And Application Access Controls
Strong User, Device, And Application Access Controls
Simplified Implementation And Deployment
Compatibility With Leading Database Vendors
Certified HSM Root Of Trust
ENTRUST PRODUCTS SUPPORTING THE SOLUTION
integrates with leading database vendors to deliver enhanced database protection with centralized, automated cryptographic key management.
Entrust KeyControl BYOK
capability allows enterprises to generate, manage, and use their own encryption keys across cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
delivers data encryption, multi-cloud key management, and workload security while enabling compliance with data privacy regulations.
nShield HSM and nShield as a Service
integrate with leading database vendors, providing a secure solution for generating and protecting data encryption keys, within a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified environment.
Entrust Identity Enterprise and Identity as a Service
deliver cloud-based identity and access management with multi-factor authentication, credential-based passwordless access, and single sign-on.
establishes and maintains a trustworthy networking environment by providing key and certificate management services (on-premises or managed as a service) that enable encryption and digital signature capabilities across a wide set of applications.
Entrust Certificate Hub
enables customers to find, control, and automate the management of the device and user digital certificates that help ensure only authorized access to databases.
Entrust Professional Services
helps customers operate and maintain Entrust database security solutions effectively over time, enhance operational efficiency, and meet compliance goals.
Solution BriefDatabase Security Solutions
Solution BrochureEntrust Data Protection Professional Services
Solution BriefDatabase Encryption for Microsoft SQL Server
Application BriefEnhanced Security of Database Encryption Keys
Data SheetnShield Database Security Option Pack
All of our cryptographic keys are locked in hardware, in Entrust nShield HSMs, and every time we write data about a customer, that data is encrypted everywhere it goes, whether in use, in transit, or in storage
Adam Gray, Chief Technology Officer at Novacoast
Read more about our database security success stories.
Novacoast gains an advantage for its security intelligence and response business with Entrust.