Entrust Datacard’s monthly SSL review covers SSL/TLS discussions – recaps news, trends, and opinions from the industry.
- Best Practices on Validation Methods for TLS/SSL Requirements to Simplify the 398-Day Validity Period
CA Security Council
- Digital Trust Is Elusive – Are Qualified Trust Services A Solution?
- Don’t “Compromise” Your Code Amid Malware Mayhem
- How Netflix brings safer and faster streaming experiences to the living room on crowded networks using TLS 1.3
Bulletproof TLS Newsletter
- #64 GCC code analyzer finds bug in OpenSSL
- #65 Private key of DigiCert Certificate Transparency log compromised
Other News & Notes
- One billion certificates later, Let’s Encrypt’s crazy dream to secure the web is coming true
- Henrik Biering updated his paper Identity and Trust beyond EV Certificates
- More Salt in their wounds: DigiCert hit as hackers wriggle through (patched) holes in buggy config tool
- Chrome 83 dds DNS-over-HTTPS support and privacy tweaks
- Chrome 84 deprecating TLS 1.0 and 1.1