Clean the Thermal PrintheadClean the thermal printhead after every 200 printed cards or when you change the ink ribbon.
Caution: The thermal printhead can be damaged by an electrostatic charge. Discharge yourself by touching the print unit frame before cleaning the printhead.
- Prepare the printer.
- Unlock the printer and open the security enclosure door.
- Power off the printer.
- Open the print unit door.
- Press the ink ribbon cartridge eject button and remove the ink ribbon cartridge.
- Press the retransfer film cartridge eject button and remove the retransfer film cartridge.
- Locate the thermal printhead and rollers. The thermal printhead is located in the area between the ink ribbon and retransfer film cartridge slots.
- Carefully insert the cleaning swab.
- Gently wipe the thermal printhead.
- Gently wipe the roller, just above the printhead.
- Discard the swab after you finish cleaning the printhead.
- Reinstall the ink ribbon and retransfer film cartridges.