Deploy a sound credential management system to secure your systems and information
The widespread use of digital and cryptographic credentials such as digital certificates raises the security bar for credential management systems. Authorities must be able to create and revoke credentials as customers and employees come and go or simply change roles, and as business processes and policies evolve. Furthermore, the rise of privacy regulations and other security mandates increases the need for organizations to demonstrate the ability to validate the credentials and identities of online consumers and internal privileged users. Deploying a sound credential management system—or several—is a critical step in the process of securing your systems and information.
Challenges Associated with Credential Management
- Attackers that can gain control of your credential management system can issue credentials that make them an insider, potentially with privileges to compromise systems undetected.
- Compromised credential management processes result in the need to re-issue credentials, which can be an expensive and time-consuming process.
- Credential validation rates can vary enormously and can easily outpace the performance characteristics of a credential management system, jeopardizing business continuity.
- Business application owners’ expectations around security and trust models are rising, and can expose credential management as a weak link that may jeopardize compliance claims.
Entrust works closely with leading software providers in the area of credential management, one of the primary applications of hardware security modules (HSMs). With nShield HSMs from Entrust, you can deploy a proven, independently security-certified, tamper-resistant hardware platform that brings a high level of assurance and policy based controls to your credential management system. Our HSMs are pre-tested to work with commercial credential management solutions and can integrate easily with your homegrown systems. As a result, you’ll be able to deploy systems more quickly and comply more easily with data protection standards while reducing the cost of compliance. By reducing the risk of compromised credentials, you will be able to protect data more effectively, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency.
With Entrust nShield HSMs You Can
- Add higher levels of assurance to maximize the value of your investment in credential management.
- Meet the highest security standards while ensuring state-of-the-art performance and resilience.
- Accelerate deployments—Entrust nShield HSMs products are pre-tested to integrate with credential management from leading vendors.
- Simplify administration, compliance, and auditing, with a common baseline for trust across your different credential management systems.
- Deploy only what you need—Entrust nShield HSMs are available in a range of speeds and form factors.
- Future-proof your environment to support more stringent trust models and policies as they emerge.
Solution Briefs: Ping Identity
Entrust and Ping Identity deliver a standards-based cloud single sign-on solution with FIPS certified cryptography that provides access to on-premises and cloud-based resources. From smartphones to tablets to cloud-based applications, today’s enterprise users have more ways to access their data than ever before – and they expect to get access quickly and easily. To satisfy enterprise security requirements and user demands, organizations require a comprehensive identity management system.
Application Brief: Enhancing the Security of Credentials and Secrets with nShield HSMs
Organizations establish privileged accounts for highly trusted individuals and also establish repositories of secrets such as tokens, passwords and certificates. Learn how Entrust nShield HSMs work with partner solutions to protect privileged account credentials and corporate secrets.