Integral for integrated issuance
The nShield Hardware Security Module (HSMi) is FIPS 140-2 Level 3-certified hardware that delivers cryptographic services for Entrust’s secure issuance software. This tamper-resistant HSMi performs vital functions for financial and identification issuance, including EMV data preparation, key generation, and data protection.
nShield HSMi Benefits
Our Security World architecture integrates our HSMi with issuance software, ensuring seamless failover and maximum availability.
High Transaction Rates
Its support for high transaction rates makes it ideal for instant issuance and central issuance.
The Remote Administration kit facilitates remote smart card presentation for firmware updates and more.
Supported Cryptographic Algorithms
Asymmetric algorithms: RSA, Diffie-Hellman, ECMQV, DSA, El-Gamal, KCDSA, ECDSA (including NIST, Brainpool & secp256k1 curves), ECDH, Edwards (Ed25519, Ed25519ph)
Symmetric algorithms: AES, Arcfour, ARIA, Camellia, CAST, DES, MD5 HMAC, RIPEMD160 HMAC, SEED, SHA-1 HMAC, SHA-224, HMAC, SHA-256 HMAC, SHA384 HMAC, SHA-512 HMAC, Tiger HMAC, Triple DES
Hash/message digest: MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2 (224, 256, 384, 512 bit), HAS-160, RIPEMD160
Supported Issuer EMV Certificates
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB)
- NSICCS Indonesia
- VCCS Vietnam
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 and Level 3 certified
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (two network segments)
Safety and Environmental Standards Compliance
- UL, CE, FCC, C-TICK, Canada ICES RoHS2, WEEE
- Field-serviceable fan tray components
- Dual hot-swap power supply
- HSM load balancing / Failover with Adaptive Issuance Key Manager
Management and Monitoring
- nShield Remote Administration — includes nShield Trusted Verification
- Device and remote administration smart cards
- Standard 1U 19in. rack mount dimensions: 43.4 x 430 x 705mm (1.7 x 16.9 x 27.8in)
- Weight: 11.5kg (25.4lb)
- Input voltage: 100-240V AC auto switching 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: up to 2.0A at 110V AC, 60Hz | 1.0A at 220V AC, 50Hz
- Heat dissipation: 327.6 to 362.0 BTU/hr. (full load)
What our customers are saying...
We have a long history together and we’re extremely comfortable continuing to rely on Entrust solutions for the core of our business. We have used Entrust HSMs for five years and they have always been exceptionally reliable. We’ve layered a lot of code on top of the HSM; it delivers the performance we need and has proven to be a rock-solid foundation.
As a global payment solutions and commerce enablement leader, Verifone’s strategy is to develop and deploy “best in class” payment solutions and services that meet or exceed global security standards and help our clients securely accept electronic payments across all channels of commerce. We selected Entrust HSMs to provide robust security, unmatched performance, and superior scalability across our payment security platforms…
The Entrust nShield sales team provided excellent local and remote support during this evaluation period and was invaluable to the process. The excellent depth, breadth, and quality of the product documentation gave us confidence that the solution was well though-out and supported.
Entrust provided the expertise needed to design and implement a tailored, secure VoIP solution.