Sigma - Clean the PrintheadDo the following to clean the printhead:
- Power off the printer.
- Unlock the printer and open the printer cover.
- Open and remove a cleaning swab from its package.
- Lift the printhead protective cover. Use the sides of the cover to rotate it away from the printhead.
- Use gentle pressure to move the cleaning swab back and forth along the full length of the printhead edge until it is completely clean.
- Close the printer cover. Press down on the ridges on the front of the cover to make sure that it latches completely on both sides.
- Power on the printer.
- Print a sample card to verify the quality of printing.
HINTS & TIPS
- Avoid touching the printhead edge with your fingers. Contamination due to skin oils eventually can damage the printhead.
- Avoid touching the printing edge of the printhead cartridge with any sharp objects that can permanently damage the printhead.
- Use only the cleaning swab to clean the printhead. Other materials can stick to the printhead and cause damage.
- Use a cleaning swab one time only. Discard it after you clean the printhead.