Certificate Signing Request (CSR) Help
For Microsoft Lync Server 2013
Complete the following steps to create your CSR.
1. Click on the Lync Server Deployment Wizard icon on Start screen (Windows Server 2012 version) to launch the wizard screen for deployment wizard.
2. Click on Install or Update Lync Server System.
3. Select Step 3: Request, Install or Assign Certificates to launch the Certificate Wizard Screen.
4.Select Request to start CSR creation process.
5. Click Next to continue.
6. Select Prepare the request now, but send it later (offline certificate request)
7. Click on the Browse button to select a location to save the file and create filename for the CSR file.
8. Click Next on this screen since the template is not necessary for Public Trust CA.
9. On this screen please type your Friendly Name and make sure the bit length is 2048. Check the box for Mark certificate’s private key as exportable. PLEASE NOTE if this checkbox is not checked during the CSR creation process, then the function to export the certificate with private key from this server will be disabled and this particular certificate cannot be assigned for global token issuer (OAuthTokenIssuer).
10. Type in your Organization, Organization Unit, Country, State, City and State.
11. On this screen you will be presented with the Subject Name (CN) and SANS that listed for your server.
12. If your server has been setup with SIP functionality then you might need to check the box for the domain listed on Configured SIP domains box.
13. OPTIONAL: If you have any other Subject Alternative Names (SANs) that you need to add then you can type on this box otherwise you can click next button to continue.
14. Select Next to continue.
15. Click Finish button on this screen to end the process for CSR creation.
You may open your CSR using Notepad or any other word processing software.
Need Installation help? See our article here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Entrust Certificate Services support department for further assistance.
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 8:00 PM ET to Friday 8:00 PM ET
North America (toll free): 1-866-267-9297
Outside North America: 1-613-270-2680 (or see the list below)
NOTE: It is very important that international callers dial the UITF format exactly as indicated. Do not dial an extra "1" before the "800" or your call will not be accepted as an UITF toll free call.
|Australia||0011 - 800-3687-7863|
|Austria||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Belgium||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Denmark||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Finland||990 - 800-3687-7863 (Telecom Finland)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Finnet)
|France||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Germany||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Hong Kong||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Voice)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Fax)
|Ireland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Israel||014 - 800-3687-7863|
|Italy||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Japan||001 - 800-3687-7863 (KDD)|
004 - 800-3687-7863 (ITJ)
0061 - 800-3687-7863 (IDC)
|Korea||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Korea Telecom)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Dacom)
|Malaysia||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Netherlands||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|New Zealand||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Norway||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Singapore||001 - 800-3687-7863|
|Spain||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Sweden||00 - 800-3687-7863 (Telia)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Tele2)
|Switzerland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Taiwan||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|United Kingdom||00 - 800-3687-7863|
0800 121 6078
+44 (0) 118 953 3088