Purpose: SSL/TLS certificate installation guide
For Microsoft Lync 2010
Skip to Installation.
Before you begin...
Never share private key files.
If you plan on using the same certificate on multiple servers always transfer the private key using a secure method (e-mail is not considered a secure method of transfer).
Make sure you run the SSL Server Test at the end of the installation process to check your certificate configuration against SSL/TLS Best Practices.
For more information on SSL/TLS Best Practices, click here.
1. Click the Download button in the pickup wizard to download your certificate files. Clicking the download button will produce a zip file that includes your Server Certificate, the Entrust chain/intermediate certificates(s) and the Entrust Root certificate. Extract the files from the zip file.
2. On the server, go to Start > Run > type MMC and hit enter.
3. Click File > Add Remove Snap-in.
4. Select Certificates and click Add.
5. Select Local Computer and click Finish.
6. Click Close.
7. Expand Certificates on the left hand side of the console window.
8. Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder and click on the Certificates sub-folder.
9. Important: Check the list of Trusted Root Certificates to see if there is a root labeled Entrust Root Certification Authority - G2. If this root is present, delete the root from the list. You will install another root certificate and chain your certificate to that root to provide backwards compatibility with older devices that do not include the newer Entrust SHA-2 root certificate.
10. Right click on the Certificates sub-folder under Trusted Root Certification Authorities and select All Tasks > Import.
11. In the import wizard, browse to the Root.crt file downloaded in step 1 and complete the wizard.
12. In the MMC console, expand the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder. Right click on the Certificates sub-folder and select All Tasks > Import.
13. In the import wizard, browse to the Intermediate1.crt file downloaded in step 1 and complete the wizard.
14. Right click on the Certificates sub-folder under Intermediate Certification Authorities and select All Tasks > Import.
15. In the import wizard, browse to the Intermediate2.crt file downloaded in step 1 and complete the wizard to complete the certificate chain setup process. You should see your Entrust Intermediate certificates listed in the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder. You are now ready to install your signed server certificate.
16. Click on Start > All Programs > Microsoft Lync Server 2010 > Lync Server Deployment Wizard.
17. Select Install or Update Lync Server.
18.Click Run in the step 3 section.
19. Select External Edge certificate and click the Import certificate button.
20. In the Import Certificate window, browse to the location of the ServerCertificate.crt file that was downloaded in step 1 and click Next.
21. Click Next in the Import Certificate Summary window.
22. In the Executing Commands window, make sure the task status is complete and click Finish.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Entrust Certificate Services Support department for further assistance:
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 8:00 PM ET to Friday 8:00 PM ET
North America (toll free): 1-866-267-9297
Outside North America: 1-613-270-2680 (or see the list below)
NOTE: It is very important that international callers dial the UITF format exactly as indicated. Do not dial an extra "1" before the "800" or your call will not be accepted as an UITF toll free call.
|Australia||0011 - 800-3687-7863|
|Austria||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Belgium||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Denmark||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Finland||990 - 800-3687-7863 (Telecom Finland)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Finnet)
|France||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Germany||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Hong Kong||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Voice)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Fax)
|Ireland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Israel||014 - 800-3687-7863|
|Italy||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Japan||001 - 800-3687-7863 (KDD)|
004 - 800-3687-7863 (ITJ)
0061 - 800-3687-7863 (IDC)
|Korea||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Korea Telecom)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Dacom)
|Malaysia||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Netherlands||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|New Zealand||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Norway||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Singapore||001 - 800-3687-7863|
|Spain||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Sweden||00 - 800-3687-7863 (Telia)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Tele2)
|Switzerland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Taiwan||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|United Kingdom||00 - 800-3687-7863|
0800 121 6078
+44 (0) 118 953 3088
23. In the Certificate Wizard, select the External Edge certificate and click Assign.
24. Click Next in the Certificate Assignment window.
25. In the Certificate Store window, click the View Certificate Details button to view the confirm that you have select the right server certificate. Once you have confirmed, click Next.
26. In the Certificate Assignment window, wait until the task is completed and click Finish to complete the certificate installation process.