CLM - Clean the Laminator
Run a Laminator Cleaning Card
|This procedure uses a double-sided, adhesive cleaning card that removes holographic overlay particles from the laminator. When you clean the printer using an isopropanol cleaning card, the card also moves into the laminator and cleans the laminator rollers, the card entry area, and the impresser exit rollers. This is sufficient if you are not using holographic overlay. Refer to the printer’s User’s Guide for information about cleaning the printer.|
- Unlock the laminator access door and remove the L1 and L2 laminator cartridges.
- Remove any printed cards from the output hopper.
- Peel off the center strips from both sides of the adhesive cleaning card. Leave the side strips in place.
- Insert the cleaning card under the rollers of the card exit slot of the laminator. When it is in the correct location and pushed in far enough, the card stays in place.
|If the cleaning card appears bowed, |
insert it as shown.
- Use the LCD menu system to start the cleaning cycle.
- Begin when the printer displays Ready. Press the USER button.
- Suspended displays on line 1 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the menu system.
- Maintenance displays on line 3 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the Maintenance menu.
- Cleaning Card displays on line 3 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the Cleaning Card menu.
- Printer displays on Line 3 of the LCD panel. Press the down arrow.
- Laminator displays on line 3. Press ENTER.
- Start displays on line 3. Press ENTER to start the cleaning process.
- Insert cleaning card displays on the LCD panel. Press the USER button to start the cleaning cycle.
The laminator pulls the cleaning card from the card exit slot into the laminator and moves it back and forth through the L1 and L2 cartridge areas, the card entry area, and the exit rollers several times. The used cleaning card is ejected into the laminator reject tray.
- Inspect the laminator cartridges for particles. If particles are present:
- Retrieve the cleaning card and use it to remove the particles of overlay material from the cartridges.
- If particles still remain on the cartridge and inside of the laminator, use a vacuum cleaner with a small plastic hose attachment to carefully remove the particles. Also clean any remaining particles from the output hopper.
HINTS & TIPS
- If the cleaning card is not pulled into the laminator, the card is not in the correct position. The cleaning card must be located under the rollers of the card exit slot inside the output hopper.
- Discard the cleaning card after one use.
- Avoid contact with the heated roller, which contains sensitive electronic components.
- If cleaning the laminator does not solve the problem, contact your service provider for assistance.