- Server with installed OS such as CentOS
- PowerDNS has been setup and work properly
How register a new domain and perform an automatic DNS Validation in you ECS Enterprise account
A. Registration of the new addition domain to your Entrust Certificate Portal
1. Login to your ECS Enterprise account.
2. On the dashboard click Administrator > Domain Management.
3. Type your new domain name, then select the Client. After that select the verification method to DNS. Click Add to Request button.
4. Click Submit Request button on the corner of the bottom screen.
5. You will see your new domain request has been listed on the Pending domains list. Go to your new addition domain and click on the icon next to Install token to generate your DNS code.
You should see the random value for your DNS Server like the example below.
NOTE: The DNS Entry name and Random value are different from one request to another. Please DO NOT copy the codes or domain example below to your DNS Server.
B. Step by step to add a TXT record into the active DNS zone on PowerDNS
1. Login to your DNS server using superuser as root.
2. Launch the terminal. If you don’t login as superuser then type:
$ su –
3. Review your zone file entries by typing:
#Pdnsutil list-zone <your zone file>
4. To edit the zone file type:
#pdnsutil edit-zone <your zone file>
5. Place the cursor to the bottom of the entries and hit Enter to add a new line. Create your TXT record using the Install DNS token information from Section A above.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT enter the token information from the sample below, you MUST use the one that issued to you from the steps on section A above.
Example Install DNS Token information:
_pki-validation.yourdomain.com IN TXT your random value
Save the modification and exit to the command prompt.
6. At this point the TXT record has been added to your zone file and you can restart your service by typing:
# service pdns restart
At this point you have registered your domain with automatic DNS validation. As soon as your random value has propagated, the Entrust Datacard verification system will automatically capture and approve the domain for use. Note the time this will take will vary, depending on the propagation time of your DNS server.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Entrust Certificate Services Support department for further assistance:
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 8:00 PM ET to Friday 8:00 PM ET
North America (toll free): 1-866-267-9297
Outside North America: 1-613-270-2680 (or see the list below)
NOTE: Smart Phone users may use 1-800 numbers for one-touch dialing.
Otherwise, it is very important that international callers dial the UITF format exactly as indicated. Do not dial an extra "1" before the "800" or your call will not be accepted as an UITF toll free call.
|Australia||0011 - 800-3687-7863|
|Austria||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Belgium||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Denmark||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Finland||990 - 800-3687-7863 (Telecom Finland)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Finnet)
|France||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Germany||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Hong Kong||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Voice)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Fax)
|Ireland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Israel||014 - 800-3687-7863|
|Italy||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Japan||001 - 800-3687-7863 (KDD)|
004 - 800-3687-7863 (ITJ)
0061 - 800-3687-7863 (IDC)
|Korea||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Korea Telecom)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Dacom)
|Malaysia||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Netherlands||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|New Zealand||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Norway||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Singapore||001 - 800-3687-7863|
|Spain||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Sweden||00 - 800-3687-7863 (Telia)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Tele2)
|Switzerland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Taiwan||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|United Kingdom||00 - 800-3687-7863|
0800 121 6078
+44 (0) 118 953 3088