If you purchased an Entrust SSL/TLS Certificate online, the easiest way to renew your certificate is to login to your Entrust Certificate Services Lite account. You should have received an email with instructions to setup your account when you placed your first order. Your user name should be the email address you used to order the certificate.
Follow these simple steps to renew your certificate using your Entrust Certificate Services Lite account:
- Login to your Entrust Certificate Services Lite Account here: https://login.entrust.net.
- If you cannot remember your password, click on the “I’ve forgotten my password” link
- After successful user name and password entry, you should be prompted to enter your 2 factor authentication challenge. You will either receive an SMS message with a One Time Password, or you will be prompted to enter your Entrust Grid Card Challenge depending on which option you setup initially. If you are not able to provide a challenge, click the link below the challenge input box to reconfigure your second factor challenge.
- If you cannot login, contact Customer Support at 1-866-267-9297
- Locate the certificate that you wish to renew in your list of certificates. Click the “Renew” icon on the left side.
- You will be presented with a form to fill out to renew the certificate. You will be prompted to provide a new Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and to review the domain names you would like to include in the renewal certificate order. Complete the form and provide your credit card information at the end of the process.
- Your order will undergo a quick verification process before the certificate is issued and returned to you. We will contact you if there are any issues with the verification process.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will receive an email notifying you that your certificate is ready. The email will contain a link to retrieve your certificate.
Important: If you cannot renew your certificate using your online account, you can simply place a new order here: https://buy.entrust.net/index.html#/quoteOrder
If you have a certificate that is eligible for renewal, we will change your new certificate order to a renewal order and add any remaining lifetime from your previous certificate to your order.
Renewal Best Practices
- Renew your certificate as soon as your receive your expiry 30 day expiry notification from Entrust Certificate Services to ensure that you have enough time to replace the certificate on your server.
- As a best practice, you should always generate a new Private Key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for any new certificate, even a renewal.
- It is always a good idea to make a backup copy of your previous certificate before you start the renewal process. Our Installation Help page includes a number of guides for various servers on how to back up your certificate and private key.
- Make sure you run an SSL Server Test on the website after you install your new certificate to confirm that you have installed your certificate correctly and that you have configured your server for SSL/TLS according to best practices.