WHAT IS IDENTITY AS A SERVICE (IDAAS)?
Identity as a Service (IDaaS) is a cloud-based subscription model for identity and access management (IAM).
What is identity and access management (IAM)?
Identity and access management (IAM) is a framework of security policies and technologies that ensures only the right entities get access to the right resources at the right time.
An entity can be a person or a device. Resources include applications, networks, infrastructure, and data. IAM can apply to workforce, consumer, and citizen use cases.
IAM is based on the premise of establishing and maintaining trusted digital identities. With IAM, organizations are able to authenticate and authorize entities to grant secure access to the right resources. As well, trust is maintained over time with adaptive risk-based authentication that continually assesses contextual attributes in real time and invokes step-up authentication if conditions warrant.
Which IAM capabilities are found in an IDaaS solution?
IDaaS covers a broad range of IAM capabilities, from multi-factor authentication (MFA) and passwordless access to single sign-on (SSO). An organization can use any combination of these capabilities to ensure they are giving the right access to the right people and devices. Listed below are the most common IDaaS capabilities:
- Multi-factor authentication
- Digital certificates
- Device authentication
- One-time passwords (OTPs)
- Grid authentication
- Mobile smart credentials
- SMS soft tokens
- Adaptive authentication
- Passwordless access
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Identity proofing
- Identity Orchestration
- Secure portals
- API security
- Fraud detection
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
What are the benefits of IDaaS?
- Realize Zero Trust: Keep identities secure, apply adaptive risk-based authentication and protect URLs/APIs.
- Better user experiences: Limit user friction with passwordless login, identity proofing, and cloud app federation.
- Reduced costs: Rely on the cloud and eliminate the need for equipment. Self-service solutions like password reset also take the onus off the IT team, freeing them up to do things that add to overall productivity and profitability of the organization.
- Stronger security: Protect your users, apps, and transactions with adaptive MFA, URL/API security, fraud detection, authorization, and access management controls.
- On-demand scalability: Whether it is adding users, devices, or workloads, provision enhanced security of IAM from a cloud-based identity platform.
How does Entrust approach IDaaS?
Entrust enables trusted identities for workforces, consumers, and citizens so they can engage securely and seamlessly with organizations of all sizes. Identity as a Service (IDaaS) is our cloud-based IAM solution built on a Zero Trust framework to help protect against unauthorized access, data breaches, and other cyberattacks and fraudulent transactions.