Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Click to select...
Letter from our President and Chief Executive Officer, Todd Wilkinson
To our customers, colleagues, partners, and communities:
As the leading provider of trusted identities, payments, and data protection, Entrust has been committed to protecting identities and data for more than 50 years. Our goal is to carry this commitment from our innovative products and services to the way we run our business, advance our company culture, and support our communities – both in our industries and the places where we live and work.
That’s why the Entrust Environmental Social Governance (ESG) program arises from the values expressed in our tagline – to Secure a World in Motion. Our ESG mission promotes security and identity in a fast-changing world with concrete programs that support the environment; promote diversity, equity, and inclusion; ensure ethical business conduct; and positively impact the communities where we live and work. Our ESG initiatives are part of a formalized program that has senior leadership oversight and cross-functional involvement.
Our ESG focus areas include:
- Access and Affordability – We are actively working to ensure that our products and services, including our websites, meet internationally-recognized standards for accessibility.
- Business Ethics – Our Code of Ethics, which all colleagues annually attest to, is available here.
- Community – Our Entrust Cares initiative empowers our colleagues to positively impact our communities around the world through local, on the ground charitable efforts.
- Data Privacy and Security – We are committed to protecting and securing data. We maintain an ISO 27001 certification as an organization as well as numerous other security certifications specifically related to our product and service offerings. Learn more about our security program here. We also have a robust, ISO 27701-certified data privacy program built on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) framework that keeps pace with evolving data privacy legislation across the globe. Learn more about our data privacy program here.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Entrust has established concrete goals to build a more diverse workplace and supplier base. We actively promote an inclusive and welcoming culture across our business through our Entrust Includes initiative and we look for suppliers that embrace similar values through our formalized supplier diversity program. Learn more about the Entrust culture here.
- Environment – Our goal is to manage our manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and office facilities to minimize ecological impact. Entrust maintains an ISO 14001 certification at its headquarters and principal manufacturing facility and is working to set organizational carbon reduction goals to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050. We also comply with important environmental measures such as REACH, RoHS, and Proposition 65 where applicable to our business. Read more here.
- Ethical and Diverse Supply Chains – Entrust has a robust due diligence program in place to ensure we only partner with ethical and responsible third parties. Our due diligence controls include but are not limited to, ensuring our partners and suppliers are compliant with anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws, utilize fair labor practices (including the absence of conflict minerals) and are committed to responsible environmental stewardship. Read our Anti-Corruption policy here. In addition, Entrust is committed to diversity within our supply chain. Our Supplier Diversity Program identifies opportunities to increase our purchase of goods and services from qualified small and diverse businesses.
- Human Rights – Entrust has robust measures in place to combat labor trafficking and human slavery. Read our policy here.
- Product Quality and Safety – Entrust maintains an ISO 9001 certification to ensure our products and services meet the most demanding industry standards. Learn more here.
While Entrust has robust ESG initiatives in place, there is always more work to be done. We look forward to joining our customers, colleagues, partners, and communities to build a more prosperous, safe, and secure world. We hope you will join us on our journey, and we look forward to sharing our progress with you.
President and CEO
Carbon Reduction Plans and Reporting
At Entrust, we are committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050. In order to progress towards that goal, we will aim to reduce Entrust’s global carbon emissions by at least 3% annually beginning in Entrust’s 2023 fiscal year.
The Global Carbon Reduction Plan outlines Entrust’s Scope 1 and 2 emissions, emissions reduction targets, and carbon reduction projects for its global operations.
The Streamlined Emissions and Carbon Reporting (SECR) highlights Entrust’s third-party verified scope 1, 2, and relevant scope 3 emissions calculations for our United Kingdom operations.
The Procurement Policy Note (PPN) 06/21 details Entrust’s carbon reduction plan, based on emission calculations and reduction targets for United Kingdom operations, by 2050.
Environmental and Product Certifications
Thank you for your interest in Entrust’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives. These programs promote security and identity in a fast-changing world with concrete efforts to support the environment; promote diversity, equality, and inclusion; ensure ethical business conduct; and positively impact the communities where we live and work.
If you have questions regarding Entrust’s ESG program, initiatives, or certifications, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at (800) 328-4254.