How to create Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2019 ?
Complete the following steps to create your CSR.
1. Click on Windows button and browse to the menu and locate for Skype for Business Server 2019. Expand the item and click on the Skype for Business Server Deployment Wizard icon to launch the deployment wizard screen.
2. Click on Install or Update Skype for Business Server System.
3. Select Step 3: Request, Install or Assign Certificates to launch the Certificate Wizard Screen.
4.Click Request button to start CSR creation process.
5. Fill in the information for your CSR, then click on Advanced button to continue.
|Friendly Name:||You can leave it as default showing.|
|Organization:||Your complete organization name.|
|Organization Unit:||Your designated organization unit name.|
|Country/Region :||Your country location.|
|State/Province:||The state/province where your organization located|
|City/Locality:||The location of your city or locality where your organization resided.|
|Select one or more SIP domain...||You can check any of SIP domain that apply for your organization from the selection box.|
6.Browse to the location where you want to save your CSR file. Click Next button to continue.
Make sure for the template selection check box is uncheck. Click Next button to continue.
Your friendly name will be automatically populated.You can modify it if necessary. Please make sure the Bit length is 2048 and checked the checkbox for Mark the certificate's private key as exportable.
PLEASE NOTE Without enable this option, the function to export the certificate with private key from this server will be disabled and this particular certificate cannot be assigned for global token issuer (OAuthTokenIssuer) later.
On this screen, you can add some additional Subject Alternative Names outside the default by Skype Server. Click Next to continue.
You will be return back to main certificate request window. Click Next to continue.
On this screen you will see your Certificate Request Summary. Review the summary and click Next button to continue.
Your CSR is generated. If the process completed successfully, you should see the task status as Completed. Click Next button to continue.
7. On this screen, click View button to see the content of your CSR. You can also go to the location where you save your CSR on the step 6 above.
At this point, your CSR creation process has been completed. You can use this CSR to place a certificate order or generate it from Entrust certificate enterprise portal.