Sigma - Clean the Multi-Hopper Printer
Clean the Multi-hopper Printer
Run a cleaning card each time you change the print ribbon, after every 500 cards processed by the printer, if print quality diminishes, or more often depending on your environment.
The Printer Dashboard displays a count of the number of cards that can be run before the printer should be cleaned. You can change the number of cards printed before cleaning using the Printer Dashboard Print menu. You also can enable an LCD message that requires the printer to be cleaned before continuing using the Printer Dashboard Behavior menu. Refer to the Printer Dashboard Help for more information.
The following procedure describe how to clean the printer using the LCD panel. You also can select to clean the printer from the Printer Dashboard.
- Pull out the multi-hopper exception slide and insert the cleaning card.
- Push in the exception slide.
- Begin when the printer displays Ready. Press the USER button.
- Suspended displays on line 1 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the menu system.
- Maintenance displays on line 3 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the Maintenance menu.
- Cleaning Card displays on line 3 of the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the Cleaning Card menu.