How to add the CAA record for Entrust Email Validation on Power DNS
-Server with installed OS such as Cnet OS
-PowerDNS has been setup and work properly
Step by step create a CAA record inside the zone file:
1. Login to your DNS server using superuser as root.
2. Launch the terminal. If you don’t login as superuser then type:
$ su –
3. Check the version of your PowerDNS. Only version 4.0 and above are supporting CAA record.
Type:# Dig chaos txt version.bind @yourip+short
Or type :
4. Review your zone file entries by typing :
#Pdnsutil list-zone <your zone file>
5. To edit the zone file type:
#pdns edit-zone <your zone file>
6. Place the cursor to the bottom of the entries and hit Enter button to add a new line. Type the following line to your zone for adding CAA record for Entrust:
Yourdomain IN CAA 0 contactemail "your email address"
NOTE: yourdomain is your own domain name that listed on your SOA
In the example below, the SOA is using entrustcertlab.com, hence the line to be added will be:
entrustcertlab.com IN CAA0 contactemail “[email protected]”
Save the modification and exit to the command prompt.
7. At this point the CAA record has been added to your zone file and you can restart your service by typing:# service pdns restart