Skip to steps
Domain Authentication is a method of proving domain control where an email can be sent to a domain contact to verify that they authorize the issuance of an SSL/TLS certificate for the domain.
This domain validation method can be very easy and fast, but may also depend on the following factors:
- Some domain WHOIS records are not publicly available. This method can only be used when there is public information available for the domain contact email address
- Some domain WHOIS records do not include any contact information
- In larger organization, the domain contact may not be familiar with the domain validation request. If the contact who manages your domain is not aware of any SSL/TLS related validation activities, it is recommend that they be contacted in advance so that they are aware of the domain validation request.
Industry standards also allow Certification Authorities to send email confirmations to generic email addresses that are not included on the WHOIS record. For example, to validate the domain testcertificates.com, an email could be sent to:
To perform Email Authentication:
1. Log into the ECS portal at https://login.entrust.net
2. Click on “Administration” menu.
3. Click on “Domain Management” tab.
- If you are performing validation on a new domain, enter the domain, select the client, and select the Email method from the drop down.
4. Click on the "Expiring Domains" tab to view your expiring domains.
5. Click the checkbox for each domain you would like to re-verify.
6. Click on "Resubmit domain(s) for verification".
7. Select the Email method and click "Resubmit".
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
North America: 1-866-267-9297
Verification Support: [email protected]
Technical Support: [email protected]