How to register a new domain and perform an automatic Web Server Validation in you ECS Enterprise account
- Apache http web server has been installed and function correctly
- Validation text file from Entrust Certificate Portal
1. Login to your ECS Enterprise account.
2. On the dashboard click Administrator > Domain Management.
3. Type your new domain name, then select the Client. After that select the verification method to Web Server. Click Add to Request button.
4. Click Submit Request button on the corner of the bottom screen.
5. You will see your new domain request has been listed on the Pending domains list. Click on download icon next to Install file to download your text file that you need to insert into your webserver for domain name verification.
The download page for your verification text file will be opened. Click download button to download your domain verification file.
The random generated name will appear as below to be inserted to your webserver. Our system will automatically scan for the text file on your webserver and validate your domain when this has been completed. Please continue to the next step to complete this process.
B. Step by step to insert your domain verification file text into Jetty
1. Login to your computer where you are hosting your web server using Jetty.
2. Open the Run program and type CMD to launch the command prompt window.
3. On the command prompt, go to your root public html site. By default, it is located on the folder where you have installed Jetty.
In this example, the default html location is on C:\jetty\<yoursite name>\webapps\ROOT. The default site folder is mysite. Enter the command below to access that location:
4. Create a new folder for .well-known by entering the command:
Hit Enter and you should be on the default html document folder.
Your new folder with the name .well-known has been created.
5. Create a new folder with the name pki-validation inside .well-known folder by typing:
Your new folder pki-validation has been created inside your .well-known folder.
6. Copy your text file that has been downloaded on section A to the pki-validation folder. Enter the command:
copy <location of text file downloaded in Section A> .well-known\pki-validation
To check if the file has been copied correctly, run the command:
7. Open your internet browser and type the address that listed on your download domain verification window from section A. Alternatively, you can click the link directly from your domain verification download window.
If you create and put the text file into the correct folder, you should see some random numbers from the text file showing on the browser screen like the example below:
NOTE: The result of random numbers will be different from one user to another as well as the download text filename will also be random. If you see your assigned random numbers shown on your internet browser then you have inserted the text file correctly, otherwise review the steps above to confirm you have completed the process correctly.
At this point, your step to insert a validation text file for Web Server Verification method has been completed. The Entrust verification system will automatically capture and approve the domain for use. Note the time this will take will vary, depending on the propagation time of your web server.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Entrust Certificate Services Support department for further assistance:
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 8:00 PM ET to Friday 8:00 PM ET
North America (toll free): 1-866-267-9297
Outside North America: 1-613-270-2680 (or see the list below)
NOTE: Smart Phone users may use 1-800 numbers for one-touch dialing.
Otherwise, it is very important that international callers dial the UITF format exactly as indicated. Do not dial an extra "1" before the "800" or your call will not be accepted as an UITF toll free call.
|Australia||0011 - 800-3687-7863|
|Austria||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Belgium||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Denmark||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Finland||990 - 800-3687-7863 (Telecom Finland)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Finnet)
|France||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Germany||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Hong Kong||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Voice)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Fax)
|Ireland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Israel||014 - 800-3687-7863|
|Italy||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Japan||001 - 800-3687-7863 (KDD)|
004 - 800-3687-7863 (ITJ)
0061 - 800-3687-7863 (IDC)
|Korea||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Korea Telecom)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Dacom)
|Malaysia||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Netherlands||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|New Zealand||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Norway||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Singapore||001 - 800-3687-7863|
|Spain||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Sweden||00 - 800-3687-7863 (Telia)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Tele2)
|Switzerland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Taiwan||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|United Kingdom||00 - 800-3687-7863|
0800 121 6078
+44 (0) 118 953 3088