Sigma - Replace or Load the Print Ribbon Cartridge
Load the Print Ribbon Ribbon Cartridge
- Open the printer cover and remove the print ribbon cartridge.
- Remove the used ribbon spools and cleaning roller from the ribbon cartridge.
- Discard the used supplies.
- Load the print ribbon.
- Load a full roll of print ribbon (the purple spool) onto the purple spindle closest to the cartridge handle until it clicks into place.
- Place the silver take-up spool on the silver take-up spindle until it clicks into place.
- Wind the take-up spool counterclockwise one full turn.
- Load the cleaning roller on the ribbon cartridge.
- Remove the protective wrapper from the cleaning roller.
|Load a new cleaning roller with each new roll of print ribbon. Replace it between ribbon changes if you notice debris on the printed cards, or if the cleaning roller is no longer sticky.|
- Install the print ribbon cartridge in the printer.
- Hold the ribbon cartridge by the handle and lower it into the printer with the handle toward the front of the printer.
- Position the ribbon cartridge in the guides.
- Close the printer cover. Press down on the ridges on the front of the cover to make sure that it latches completely.