Sigma - Repair a Broken Ribbon
Repair a Broken Ribbon
- Open the printer and remove the print ribbon cartridge or cassette.
|Do not remove the used ribbon from the take-up spool.|
- Trim the ends of the broken ribbon evenly.
- Align the ends of the broken ribbon and apply adhesive tape to secure them.
- Turn the take-up spool counterclockwise until the mended portion is wound around the spool two or three turns.
- Reinstall the print ribbon cartridge in the printer.
- Close the printer.
|A broken ribbon can become stuck in the printhead cover.|
Check the cover to make sure that the ribbon is not stuck to the cover.