How is the L1K Chain Certificate installed on a Cisco ASA appliance?
To install the L1K Chain Certificate on a Cisco ASA appliance make sure that you have, complete the following steps:
- The L1K chain certificate installation steps includes two chain certificates. Please make sure you have already downloaded the Intermediate1 and Intermediate2 certificates from Entrust certificate pick up link.
- If the Intermediate1 and Intermediate2 certificates have already existed on the device then you don’t need to install it again because the device will reject it.
- These steps are based on Cisco ASDM 7.3 and ASA 5510.
In the Cisco ASDM Configuration Tool, select Configuration > Device Management > Certificate Management > CA Certificates.
Click Add. The Install Certificate dialog box appears.
- Enter a Trustpoint Name or keep the default. The chain certificate must be installed on a different Trustpoint than the original request.
- Click the Install from a file radio button. Enter the path and file name of the Intermediate2 certificate, or click Browse to search for the file.
- Click Install Certificate.
- In the CA Certificate Installation dialog box, click OK.
- The Intermediate2 Certificate should now appear in the list of CA Certificates.
- Repeat the above steps for installing the Intermediate1 Certificate
- After both chain certificates have been installed, click on Save button.