Entrust CE840 Instant Issuance System
Desktop Embossing and Color Printing
This affordable, reliable, single-hopper desktop emboss printer offers high-quality embossing, indenting, and magnetic stripe encoding to elevate fraud protection and card appearance. Optional direct-to-card color printing and smart card personalization adds flexibility to this modular system.
Make an Impression
Impress customers with brilliant, highly secure cards.
Embossed Cards on Demand
Issue high-quality embossed cards on demand or in low-volume batches.
Minimize operating expenses and reduce per-card costs.
Integrate into new or existing card issuing environments.
Make an Impact
Issue cards with embossed characters, magnetic stripe encoding and indent printing for improved card security.
Intuitive software provides complete control and process support from design to card tracking to audits.
Meet Visa and Mastercard standards with software-activated locks and advanced SSL/TLS encryption.
A password-protected cabinet and non-resettable card counter provides clear audit trails and reporting.
Create the Ideal System
Add optional full color, edge-to-edge, direct-to-card printing and EMV® compliant smart card personalization.
Entrust CE840 Instant Issuance System (formerly Datacard® CE840™ instant issuance system)
- 75-character embossing/indenting wheel
Front, rear, or both sides of the card
- Mastercard security character
- Helvetica® characters
- OCR-A1, OCR-B1
- 60 seconds to encode mag stripe, indent, emboss, and top the card
- 64 seconds to print monochrome graphics, encode mag stripe, indent, emboss. and top the card
- 78 seconds to print color graphics, encode mag stripe, indent, emboss, and top the card
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- ISO 7811, three track high- and low-coercivity
- Automatic card feed with 100-card input hopper based on 0.030 in. card thickness
- Output hopper, 10-card capacity
- Reject bin, up to 10-card capacity
- Exception card slot
- Mechanical or software-activated lock to secure card stock, supplies, and reject card hopper
- SSL/TLS encryption, supports 3DES and AES-256
- Bolt-down ready
- Concealed output hopper
- Kensington® Suplock compatible (lock sold separately)
- Datacard® ID Works®
- Datacard® Printer Command Language (for custom development)
- CPX Protocol
- 2-line LCD display
- English, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Korean,
- Portuguese, Arabic
- Top module: 8.8 in. W x 21.2 in. D x 8.8 in. H (22.4 cm x 53.8 cm x 22.4 cm)
- Bottom module (embosser): 15 in. W x 27.5 in. D x 10.5 in.
- H (38.1 cm x 69.9 cm x 26.7 cm)
- Top module (encoding, printing): 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Bottom module (indenting, embossing, top coat, card output): 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
- Ethernet and USB
- 12-month system warranty