How to add CAA record for Entrust Email Validation on Afraid.org FreeDNS
- You need an active account with Afraid.org FreeDNS
- Your DNS zone has already setup and working properly
Step by step to add a CAA record into the active DNS zone on Afraid.org FreeDNS
1. Login to your account using your designated credential issued by Afraid.org FreeDNS
2. You will be directed to the dashboard.
3. On the dashboard area, click on Domains link to go to your domain section. Click on manage link to open your zone information.
4. Your zone record should be showing on the screen now.
Click on Add link to add a New Record. Scroll down the type field to select the option for CAA (Certification Authority Auth).
Fill in the information as below:
|Subdomain:||Leave it as default|
|Domain:||Your own domain name. In this example is entrustcertlab.com|
|Destination:||Format : 0 contactemail “your email address”|
Example: 0 contactemail “[email protected]”
|TTL:||Leave it as default|
|Wildcard:||You might check it if you wish to use the wildcard|
Click Save! Button to save your new record.
You will be re-directed back to the record list and you can see that your CAA entry has been added.