How to register a new domain and perform an automatic Web Server Validation in you ECS Enterprise account
A. Registration of the new addition domain to your Entrust Certificate Portal
1. Login to your ECS Enterprise account.
2. On the dashboard click Administrator > Domain Management.
3. Type your new domain name, then select the Client. After that select the verification method to Web Server. Click Add to Request button.
4. Click Submit Request button on the corner of the bottom screen.
5. You will see your new domain request has been listed on the Pending domains list. Click on download icon next to Install file to download your text file that you need to insert into your webserver for domain name verification.
The download page for your verification text file will be opened. Click download button to download your domain verification file.
The random generated name will appear as below to be inserted to your webserver. Our system will automatically scan for the text file on your webserver and validate your domain when this has been completed. Please continue to the next step to complete this process.
B. Step by step to insert your domain verification file text into Apache HTTP Server Linux OS
1. Login to your Linux Server where you are hosting your web server using Apache.
2. Make sure your validation text file is on this server and save it to a folder location where you can find it later.
3. Launch your command prompt with elevated mode by right-clicking on Windows menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
4. On the command prompt, go to your Apache document root directory. By default, it is located on <drive>\apache24\htdocs by using cd command :
NOTE: If you are not sure where to find your default document root, go to the next step, otherwise you can jump to the step 7.
5. To locate your default document root, you can open your configuration file with the filename httpd.conf. Use the cat command to show the content of your configuration file. Complete command as below:
type c:\apache24\conf\httpd.conf |more
6. Click on the space bar to continue through page of your configuration document and locate the line:
DocumentRoot “your directory”
So in this example above the location for default html for this web server is c:\Apache24\htdocs
Proceed to the folder by entering the command:
7. Create a directory/folder called .well-known by entering the command:
8. Check if your directory/folder has been created properly. Run the command:
Note: The .well-known folder is a hidden folder, therefore you will not see this folder on Windows Explorer view.
10. Check that your folder has been created properly. Run the command:
11. Copy your validation text from your own folder to the directory/folder called pki-validation that was created in step 10 by entering the command :
copy <source folder location>\*.txt well-known/pki-validation
12. To check that your file has been copied properly, enter the command:
13. Open your internet browser and type the address that is listed on your download window from section A. Alternatively, you can click the link directly from your domain verification download window.
If you create and put the text file into the correct folder, you should see some random numbers from the text file showing on the browser screen like the example below:
NOTE: The result of random numbers will be different from one user to another as well as the download text filename will also be random. If you see your assigned random numbers shown on your internet browser then you have inserted the text file correctly, otherwise review the steps above to confirm you have completed the process correctly.
At this point, your step to insert a validation text file for Web Server Verification method has been completed. The Entrust verification system will automatically capture and approve the domain for use. Note the time this will take will vary, depending on the propagation time of your web server.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Entrust Certificate Services Support department for further assistance:
Hours of Operation:
Sunday 8:00 PM ET to Friday 8:00 PM ET
North America (toll free): 1-866-267-9297
Outside North America: 1-613-270-2680 (or see the list below)
NOTE: Smart Phone users may use 1-800 numbers for one-touch dialing.
Otherwise, it is very important that international callers dial the UITF format exactly as indicated. Do not dial an extra "1" before the "800" or your call will not be accepted as an UITF toll free call.
|Australia||0011 - 800-3687-7863|
|Austria||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Belgium||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Denmark||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Finland||990 - 800-3687-7863 (Telecom Finland)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Finnet)
|France||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Germany||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Hong Kong||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Voice)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Fax)
|Ireland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Israel||014 - 800-3687-7863|
|Italy||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Japan||001 - 800-3687-7863 (KDD)|
004 - 800-3687-7863 (ITJ)
0061 - 800-3687-7863 (IDC)
|Korea||001 - 800-3687-7863 (Korea Telecom)|
002 - 800-3687-7863 (Dacom)
|Malaysia||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Netherlands||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|New Zealand||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Norway||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Singapore||001 - 800-3687-7863|
|Spain||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Sweden||00 - 800-3687-7863 (Telia)|
00 - 800-3687-7863 (Tele2)
|Switzerland||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|Taiwan||00 - 800-3687-7863|
|United Kingdom||00 - 800-3687-7863|
0800 121 6078
+44 (0) 118 953 3088