Sigma - Repackaging for Shipment
- If your site security requires that the Sigma DS3 or DS4 is to be disabled before shipping, continue with step 1.
- If you do not need to disable the printer, go to step 2.
- Disable the printer using the LCD panel.
- Press the USER button on the printer until Suspended Menu Available displays on the LCD panel. Press ENTER to enter the main menu.
- Press the down arrow until Activate displays on line 3 of the LCD panel, and then press ENTER.
- Press the down arrow until Disable displays on line 3 of the LCD panel, and then press ENTER.
- Press the up and down arrows to cycle through the alphabetic and numeric characters. Press ENTER to select each character to enter an 8-digit code.
- When you finish entering the 8-digit code, press ENTER again with a blank character entry.
- Press ENTER to apply the code. When the system deactivates, Request Success displays briefly on the LCD panel, and then Ready displays.
- Press the power button to power off the printer.
|Caution: Wait until all the lights on the front panel are off to make sure that the printer power is off.|
- Remove all optional components of the printer. Refer to the components repackaging instructions for details on competent removal.
- Disconnect the network or USB cable (the cable is not required for shipment).
- Unplug the power cord from the printer (the cord is not required for shipment).
- Remove the printer supplies.
- Unlock (if required) the printer and open the printer swingarm.
- Remove the supply cartridge (the cartridge is not required for shipment).
- Close the swingarm and lock the printer (if required).
- Unlock (if required) the hopper and open the hopper door.
- Remove any unused cards from the hopper.
- Close the hopper door and lock the hopper (if required).
- Pack the printer.
- Place the printer on the folding container and close the sides of the container.
- Lift the folding container using the handle cut outs and place the container in the box.
- Place the accessories tray in the box.
- Close and secure the box with shipping tape.