Entrust nShield HSMs can help your organization comply with ISO 27799:2016
ISO 27799 is an international standard providing guidance on how best to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal health data for anyone working in the health sector or its unique operating environments.
Entrust nShield™ HSMs help organizations align with this framework through:
- Encryption key management and protection;
- Strong user authentication
- Click to select...
Among the best practices called for in ISO 27799 are:
- Data access controls, including management of privileged access
- Cryptographic control of sensitive data
- Management and protection of encryption keys
Encryption Key Protection
Entrust nShield Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) provide a hardened, tamper-resistant environment for secure cryptographic processing, key generation and protection, encryption and more. In addition Entrust nShield HSMs:
- Generate and protect root and certificate authority (CA) keys, providing support for PKIs across a variety of use cases
- Sign your application code so you can ensure that your software remains secure, unaltered and authentic
- Create digital certificates for credentialing and authenticating proprietary electronic devices for IoT applications and other network deployments.
Strong User Authentication
Entrust nShield HSMs can help you create high-assurance systems to authenticate users and devices using enterprise systems, limiting accessing to only authorized entities.
Brochures: Entrust nShield HSM Family Brochure
Entrust nShield HSMs provide a hardened, tamper-resistant environment for secure cryptographic processing, key generation and protection, encryption and more. Available in three FIPS 140-2 certified form factors, Entrust nShield HSMs support a variety of deployment scenarios.