How to Renew Your Entrust Certificate Using Self-Service
Navigating the digital security landscape can be complex, and ensuring the validity of your certificates is paramount. With Entrust Certificate Services (ECS), renewing your certificates becomes a streamlined process. In this article, we walk you through renewing your Entrust certificate through self-service.
Monitoring Certificate ExpiryKeeping an eye on your certificates’ expiry dates helps prevent security lapses. Entrust makes this easy with various tools:
- Review the Actions widget on your Dashboard
- Check the Expiry Date column in the Certificates > Managed Certificates grid
- Use the Pending Certificate Expiry report under Reports > Report Center
- Configure Certificate Services to send email notifications when a certificate is nearing expiry
Renewing the CertificateTo renew a certificate, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Certificates > Managed Certificates and select the appropriate tab. Alternatively, you can go to Reports > Report Center > Select 'By Category' > Certificate Reports > Select a report.
- Select the check box for the certificate you want to renew.
- Click Actions > Renew.
- The Renew Certificate wizard will appear. Select or edit your Organization and OU if necessary, then choose the new Certificate Expiry date.
- For SSL certificates: If you’re using the Entrust Turbo auto-install feature, select Use Entrust Turbo. If not, paste in your new CSR.
- Verify the Subject Alternative Name information. You can add Extra Domains if your certificate type allows it.
- If the Password fields appear, enter and confirm a password for the certificate.
- Click Next.
- On the Additional Information screen, provide the required details.
- Click Submit and confirm.
Mastering Entrust Certificate renewal enhances your organization’s security posture and promotes effective digital security management.