Course: Entrust Authority Security Manager Comprehensive
The Entrust Authority Security Manager Comprehensive course is an in-depth, hands-on treatment of the Entrust Authority Security Manager solution. The platform is designed to manage the digital keys and certificates that make up the digital identities required to transparently automate all security-related processes in an organization. This course provides students a thorough knowledge of the Entrust PKI components and how to work with them, allowing each student to plan, install, configure and manage their own infrastructure in classroom labs.Enroll Now
Entrust Authority Security Manager Comprehensive is a five-day, hands-on overview of Entrust Authority Security Manager and the components of the Entrust public-key infrastructure.
The introductory lessons of this course provide participants with background information on the organizational requirements related to data security and the cryptographic operations used to satisfy these requirements.
The concept of the digital ID is introduced which leads into a discussion about digital certificates and the functionality of the Certification Authority. Entrust Authority Security Manager serves as the Certification Authority in the Entrust public-key infrastructure. Participants will install, configure and initialize Entrust Authority Security Manager on their server computer, along with the administration interfaces and client desktop client software. Participants will assume the different roles in the infrastructure to learn how to manage digital IDs for users and devices, customize policies, create and assign roles and organize the user community. Advanced customization will be performed through manual editing of the certificate specification file.
Finally, trust will be extended between the different Certification Authorities in the classroom through cross-certification. Hands-on exercises at the end of each section provide participants with the ability to apply the knowledge gained through the lecture segment of each lesson.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the steps in the encryption and digital signature operations
- Identify the contents of the digital ID and the need for digital certificates
- Identify the components of the public-key infrastructure (both required and optional) and describe the role of the Certification Authority
- Install, configure and initialize Entrust Authority Security Manager on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Assume the roles used in the public-key infrastructure, including Master User, Security Officer, Administrator, Auditor, Directory Administrator, and End User and identify their characteristics
- Install and configure management and client software on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Register and activate digital IDs for administrative users, end users and devices
- Identify the various security stores that can be used to store digital IDs
- Perform typical management operations on users and devices
- Implement the organization’s security policy by customizing policies and certificate specifications
- Supplement the built-in certificate types available in Entrust Authority Security Manager by creating additional customized types
- Customize the administrative environment through the use of groups, searchbases, roles, and templates
- Assess logging information generated by Entrust Authority Security Manager
- Recover from disaster scenarios related to digital IDs, the Directory, and Entrust Authority Security Manager
Entrust Certification Authority
Entrust public-key infrastructure
The role of the Directory
Installing Entrust Authority Security Manager
Entrust Authority Security Manager Control Command Shell
Registering and activating administrative users
Managing key pairs
Entrust Entelligence Security Provider
Distributing revocation information
General security policy
Roles and permissions
Certificate definition policies
Customizing certificate specifications
Logging and reporting
Entrust Authority Administration Services
Entrust Authority Roaming Server
|Start Date||Location||Pricing||Begin Registration||Course Status|
|November 16, 2015||Reading, GB||£2,495 (BP)
Register by October 16, 2015
and save 15%
|December 7, 2015||Dallas, TX||$3,995 (USD)
Register by November 7, 2015
and save 15%
Class Price: Price is for 1 student. Taxes are applied according to the training location.
Please direct all questions to the Training Coordinator at email@example.com or call toll free at 888 690-2424 option #3, or for international calls use +1 (613) 270-2738.