- By Category
- Entrust Authority
- Entrust SSL Certificates
- Entrust Discovery
- Entrust Entelligence
- Entrust GetAccess
- Entrust IdentityGuard
- Managed Services PKI
- Entrust Secure Transaction Platform
- Entrust TransactionGuard
- Entrust TruePass
- Entrust USB Tokens
- Products A-Z
Administration Toolkit for C
Features and Benefits
To reduce the costs associated with the initial and ongoing maintenance of security and access control systems supplied by software vendors, there must exist the ability to “front-end” these systems through application programming interfaces (APIs). The Entrust Authority Administration Toolkit for C is an API that simplifies these tasks by taking care of all of the required native Entrust security registration and administration processes.
This “front-end” is the collection point for administrative information supplied by a Security Officer or Network Manager. This means that Security Officers and Network Managers do not have to perform duplicate tasks.
The Administration Toolkit for C offers many features and benefits such as:
- Extending the scope of the public-key infrastructure (PKI) by allowing the developer to create plug-in applications which solve unique business problems while ensuring the application continues to fully participate in the PKI.
- Cost savings through the reduction of time and effort to manage the authorities and permissions of users in corporate systems.
- Cost savings through the reduction of errors inherent in the process of duplicating information across systems.
- The capability to participate as a plug-in to the existing Entrust PKI and utilize secure protocols between the administrator workstation and Entrust/Authority remains secure.
- Reduced time to market for third-party developers because they do not need any specialized security expertise with this toolkit.
- An interface which is available in C language and can be developed as desktop or server-based systems.
The Administration supports a subset of the functions available in the Entrust Authority Security Manager.