Welcome to the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile User Web Page
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is an innovative new application that allows organizations to strongly authenticate individuals through their mobile device, eliminating the need to carry an additional authenticator (ex: hardware token) while also addressing critical new threats like Man-in-the-Browser and other attacks.
One Application, Multiple Uses
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile allows you to create multiple identities and activate unique one time passcode soft token applications for use with different organizations that support Entrust IdentityGuard for strong second factor authentication.
Verify Sensitive Transactions
Protect yourself from fraud by receiving confirmation of your sensitive online transactions directly on your mobile device. Review and confirm the details in Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile, and if correct, enter your secure, one-time-passcode to complete the transaction.
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile Soft Token
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile Smart Credential
For more information on Entrust and the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile applications please see:
How to get Started
- The first step is to download Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile to your mobile device. It can be found on the Apple App Store, Blackberry World, and Google Play. For non-Apple devices, you may also be able to download Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile directly from the organization where you will use it to strongly authenticate online.
- After you have downloaded the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile Application, you must activate it and create an Identity. Please consult the website of the organization you wish to use Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile with. The organization must have deployed the Entrust IdentityGuard versatile authentication platform to provide this activation.
- Once you have activated Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile, you are ready to use it for strong authentication to online and network resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile?
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is a next generation mobile application the delivers strong authentication and transaction verification in a convenient application on your mobile device. It is one of many types of authentication delivered as a part of the Entrust IdentityGuard versatile authentication platform, a world leading authentication solution deployed to millions of users today. It is an application that you download for free to your mobile device and activate through a company — such as a bank — that uses Entrust IdentityGuard. After activation, Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile enables you to perform two security functions (depending on the activating company requirement):
- It allows you to securely login in to websites, VPNs etc. by entering a secure one-time passcode generated by the Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile application. This provides added security over your user name and password to help ensure your sensitive information remains safe.
- It allows you to verify transaction details (ex: in a financial transaction it could include the To: From: and Amount: fields) as well as create a corresponding one-time-passcode that can be input in to the web application to confirm the details. This is a highly effective defense against malware attacks such as man-in-the-browser.
How is this different from other vendor's soft tokens?
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile offers a number of features that makes it unique and more effective:
- Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile enables users to have a single application with multiple identities, streamlining the process of use for the end user;
- Easy customization of individual identities with the branding of the identity issuer. (ex: Bank A would have their own identity look inside the context of Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile). This makes it convenient for you to pick the right identity for what you are doing.
- Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is more than a traditional soft token. It also includes out-of-band transaction notification and verification. This is a key defense against Man-in-the-Browser and other attacks.
What is an Identity?
While sharing a common application (Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile), each issuing organization (a bank, your employer, a healthcare organization, etc) can have their own soft token identity within the application, each with its own branding, one-time-passcode generation etc. This is the concept of an Identity.
Can Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile support multiple identities?
Yes, Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile can support multiple Identities. This allows a you to conveniently access multiple soft tokens from different organizations from one highly usable application.
What Platforms are supported?
The following mobile devices and versions are currently supported by Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile
|Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
||iOS 5.0 and later
||BlackBerry OS 4.2.1, 4.5.x, 4.6.x, 4.7.x, 5.0.x, 6.0.x, 7.0.x, 7.1.x
||BlackBerry 10 OS 10.1 and later
||Google Android 2.3 or later
||MIDP v2.0 / CLDC 1.1
||Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1, 6.5.x with .Net Compact Framework v3.5
How much does it cost?
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is free to download from the appropriate mobile application store.
How do I activate an Identity in Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile?
Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile can only be used to authenticate in conjunction with the Entrust IdentityGuard versatile authentication platform. To use the Soft Token functionality, you will need to create an Identity and activate the token. Once you have downloaded the application please consult the organization you wish to use Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile with for activation instructions.
I'm having trouble activating Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile. Where should I go for help?
Support for Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile is obtained through the help desk or help website of the company you are trying to activate the product for.
What is the Entrust Transaction Notification Service?
The Entrust Transaction Notification Service (or TNS) is a subscription service that helps to 'wake up' Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile on an individual user's device and notify them that new transaction details are available for retrieval. It does not use SMS to deliver this functionality.
How does Transaction Notification work?
A typical notification process will be:
- The user initiates a transaction on a website that requires confirmation through a mobile device.
- The user's mobile device will receive a message that wakes up the individual user's mobile device, letting them know that a message containing transaction details is waiting for them. Alternatively the user can open their Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile application to begin step 3.
- Entrust IdentityGuard Mobile on the user's device will retrieve the transaction details directly from the Entrust IdentityGuard server at the deploying organization's website
- User reviews the information and acts on the details accordingly
Note: the above steps are all completed transparently, typically in a matter of seconds. The user does not need to do anything besides steps 1 (initiate the transaction) and 4 (act on the final information).