How to Digitally Sign Code
Various application platforms support code-signing and provide different tools to perform the signing. Here is a list of the more common code-signing types and references as to where you can find guides for the given application.
- Adobe – Digitally signing an AIR file
- Mac OS X Developer Library – Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide
- Entrust – Authenticode Signing User Guide
- Microsoft MSDN – Signing and Checking Code with Authenticode
- Mozilla – Signing a XPI
- Entrust – Java Code Signing User Guide
- Oracle – How to Sign Applets Using RSA-Signed Certificates
- Oracle – Signing Code and Granting it Permissions
Microsoft Windows Macro and Visual Basic Signing
- Entrust – Microsoft Windows Macro and Visual Basic Signing User Guide
- Microsoft MSDN – Signing a VBA Project
This is the fourth post in our code-signing. Check out the full list to read past entries and see what’s upcoming.