Entrust Code Signing Certificates
The Digital Equivalent of a Tamper-Proof Seal
Entrust Code Signing Certificates allow users to authenticate the source and verify the content integrity of code that is downloaded from the Internet. These certificates provide assurance that customers are installing code or applications as the developer intended.
How Does Code Signing Work?
While software purchased from a retail store is considered to be relatively safe, programs downloaded from the Internet are often treated with suspicion because of the widespread proliferation of viruses and malware. Entrust Code Signing Certificates are used by software developers to digitally sign programs and to prove that it has not been altered or compromised by a third party.
Entrust Code Signing Certificates use a unique cryptographic hash to bind the identity of the publisher to the software. Code Signing proves the signed software is legitimate, comes from a known software vendor, and that the code has not been tampered with since being published. Code Signing prevents users from abandoning the installation of an application due to security warning messages, malicious alternation of legitimate code, and identity theft of vendor author.
What Types of Code Need to Be Signed?
- Device drivers
- Enterprise applications
- OEM software
- Operating systems
- Packaged software
- Utility software
- Web application
Entrust Code Signing Certificates also:
- Establish trust which prevents customers from seeing annoying trust dialogs when installing software
- Provide convenient expiry notifications lessen risk of inadvertent certificate expiration
- Give application users assurance they can download software from the Internet
- Provide flexible support options tailored to your needs
- Prevent unverified software from being installed on corporate desktops
- Establish a relationship of trust with your customers
|1 Year*||2 Year*|
|Regular Pricing||$299||$598||Buy Now|
|Renewal Pricing||$290||$580||Renew Now|
* Pricing for United States, Canada and UK. All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) is charged on orders from Canada. International customers, please refer to the International tab below.
Additional Benefits & Features
Entrust Code Signing Certificate Features
- SHA-1 or SHA-2 signing capabilities
- Organization name validated using Extended Validation techniques — customers installing your software will see that it is provided by a trusted vendor
- Expiry notifications
- Easily purchase by speaking with an Entrust representative
- WebTrust Accredited certification authority (CA)
- Available in 1-, 2- or 3-year terms
- Digitally certify and sign Authenticode (most Microsoft® Windows® platforms), Java, Microsoft® Office® macros and Visual Basic script
- Packages applications and macros for online software distribution
- Time-stamping indicates when code was signed
- Integrates with most third-party development tools for easy signing
Entrust Code Signing Certificate Benefits
- Established browser trust prevents customers from seeing annoying trust dialogs when installing software
- Convenient expiry notifications lessen risk of inadvertent certificate expiration
- Gives users of applications assurance they can download software from the Internet
- Provides flexible support options tailored to your needs
- Prevents unverified software from being installed on corporate desktops
- Establishes a relationship of trust with your customers
Why Entrust SSL?
Entrust is more than a security company. We’re your partner — real people you can depend on to provide the security, focus and trust you deserve.
And while we do provide a full range of security solutions for all type of organizations, Entrust Certificate Services personnel have one with one purpose in mind – your protection. Let us help you build a layered, identity-based security approach through our comprehensive portfolio of SSL digital certificates and services.
Interested in Entrust SSL?